[Eeglablist] Problem processing ​EEG signals

Tarik S Bel-Bahar tarikbelbahar at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 12:45:20 PST 2017

Hello Tiago, Interesting project! Some notes below that should help you
debug.

0. It's not clear whether you are visually rejecting epochs or
automatically. It does not make too much of a difference, except if it is
visual, then it could be based on differences between researchers, but I
think you have controlled for that already.

0. Replicate your epoch rejection steps both with the GUI and with your
script. Double check that the eegh output is the same across all three
computers, and that the "working" settings from doing it via the gui really
match the script settings.

1. Reinstall fresh matlab and eeglab on each computer. Alternatively kill
all matlab paths, and load up new clean folder of eeglab - same one to each
of the three computers. Don;t use your old eeglab folder. Repeat all checks.

2. Check all settings in eeglab, and force-change them via command line for
each computer. Check that all plugins are the same for each eeglab/computer.

3. Review the epoching step on all three computers. How many epochs?, how
many boundary events?, review command window output [how many samples
dropped if any, etc..?]
4. On all three computers, count number of boundary events within one file,
before and after epoching, and after epoch dropping.
5. Review/compare the specific trial numbers (not how many) that are being
dropped across the three computers.

6. One solution for you is this:
If you can confirm that you truly have the same exact epochs in the file
for which epoch rejection is to occur.
Then all you have to do is generate, one one computer, the numbers of the
epochs that should be dropped, as a list.
Then just use that information whenever you have to repeat the epoching for
that file.
Just have one researcher decide on all the epochs to reject.

7. Google eeglablist to check if your topic has been mentioned before.
8. Check and make an entry in eeglab Bugzilla if the problem is replicating.