[Eeglablist] Error while rejecting continuous data (eeglab 14)

Rafał Jończyk rafal.jonczyk at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 07:37:45 PDT 2017

Dear eeglablist community,

I have experienced some problems with event structure -- that's my guess --
when rejecting fragments of continuous data (raw *.cnt files resampled to
250Hz & filtered) in the latest version of eeglab. Interestingly, this does
not happen when I am using eeglab 13.6.5b on the same computer. Note that I
am not rejecting the onset of the data.

The error:

eeg_insertbound(): 3 boundary (break) events added.
> eeg_insertbound(): 3 boundary (break) events added.
> Warning: converting all event types to strings
> BUG 1971 WARNING: IF YOU ARE USING A SCRIPT WITTEN FOR A PREVIOUS VERSION
> OF
> EEGLAB TO CALL THIS FUNCTION, BECAUSE YOU ARE REJECTING THE ONSET OF THE
> DATA,
> EVENTS WERE CORRUPTED. EVENT LATENCIES ARE NOW CORRECT (SEE
> https://sccn.ucsd.edu/wiki/EEGLAB_bug1971);
>
> Error using cell/strmatch (line 19)
> Requires character array or cell array of strings as inputs.
>
> Error in eeg_eegrej (line 147)
>     indBound2 = strmatch('boundary', { event2(:).type });
> Error while evaluating DestroyedObject Callback

Could you give me a hint how to resolve the problem and continue working
with the latest version of eeglab? Is it because my events are numeric?

Best,
Rafał

--
Rafał Jończyk