[Eeglablist] "How can I learn reasons of differences between written software and manuel dipole fitting results ?

Tarik S Bel-Bahar tarikbelbahar at gmail.com
Tue May 2 18:05:05 PDT 2017

Hello Memhet, here are some notes below, best wishes!

*****************************************************************************************,
This should be working okay. Please note with 19 electrodes  you should be
very wary of ICA and source estimation results. With a little trial and
error, you should be able to see if you your data can lead to interpretable
ICs and dipoles.

Your code seems generally okay from a general look, though it might be
missing some things that are needed in between each step for eeglab to work
right. Try following the recommendations below:

Have you had success running all the tutorial steps from the gui on the
tutorial single-subject and/or study data ?

Have you built your code based on what you got from eegh successfully
running on tutorial data ? It's important to do that so you can see the
necessary sequence for things to work in eeglab (and then building your
script). Try making sure you tell eeglab to update the EEG structure. See
EEG updates in the script that eeglab runs by typing eegh in command line
after running a gui function.

You may want to revisit each step with the gui, and also review the results
of each step after you update the EEG.structure (in between steps).
Alternatively, to debug better, you could save out a file at each step, and
review the results after each step via the gui and the EEG.structure.

Have you reviewed visually in the channel to head gui that your coordinate
transform "
​
0 0 0 0 0 -1.5708 1 1 1" is correct ?

...also

Double-check that you're using recent matlab, recent or latest eeglab with
clean matlab path, and have all necessary eeglab plugins properly loaded.
Check out Makoto's pipeline suggestions and the eeglab scripting tutorials
if you have not had a chance to yet [though you probably have]
If you haven't had a chance to, it's important to review all eeglab
tutorials, videos, and example articles in the literature.