[Eeglablist] BESA .fsg files

Deborah Apthorp deborah.apthorp at anu.edu.au
Tue May 23 19:17:10 PDT 2017

Dear EEGlab list,

I’m trying to work with some files from BESA software that a colleague needs plotted in a specific way. What I really want it just to get the numbers into MATLAB so I can write a nice script to plot them. However, these files are .fsg files, and I CANNOT find any easy way to import them.

I have managed (at some length) to get hold of a BESA license and have tried to export the files in as many ways as possible. Not one of these seems easily importable into either EEGlab or MATLAB. The closest has been the elf format, but this does not import well - it imports the data but not the 5 conditions.

The files have 33 channels with the averages for 5 different conditions. In the dataset these seem to be appended (so the data format is 33x10752 which I presume is all 5 events end-to-end).

Any hints would be gratefully accepted.

Thanks

Deborah.

Dr. Deborah Apthorp