[Eeglablist] EGI 256 to 128 channels ?

Tarik S Bel-Bahar tarikbelbahar at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 15:56:22 PDT 2017

Much appreciated Jeff, that should work as ideal solution. It's curious
that no one seems to have done it yet. There are a few methodological
articles out there that look at subsets of 256 and there relations to 10-5
and other location systems. Yes in my experience 128 to 32, and 64 to 32 is
easier to do, and the 256 to 128 is more difficult.

EGI did not have a working solution/match comparing 128 and 256, but
provides the 128 and 256 channel locations, placards, and 256/128 10-10
locations tech note.

In general, a manual solution is workable if one has the 128 and 256
placards (both on web and from egi support), and the EGI tech note on 10-10
locations of 256 and 128 channels. The placards are easily found googlable
and at EGI's knowledge center, which includes the tech note named as below.
relating-the-hcgsn-sensor-positions-to-the-10-10-internation
al-electrode-placement-system