[Eeglablist] Multiple Source Eye Correction using dipfit?

Tim Curran tim.curran at colorado.edu
Sun Jul 23 05:57:21 PDT 2017

Hi Max,
Hopefully others with greater expertise will weigh in further.

On May 11, 2017, at 11:25 AM, RICHARDS, JOHN <RICHARDS at mailbox.sc.edu<mailto:RICHARDS at mailbox.sc.edu>> wrote:
  “Presumably” the ICA correction separates the spatio-temporal activity generated by the eye dipoles from the spatio-temporal activity generated by dipoles in frontal brain areas, leaving the frontal brain dipole generated EEG activity.  I use a step with a realistic source model that includes the eyes and source analysis done on the ICA loading weights, and have a further requirement that the “eye” ICA components have dipoles located in or near the eyeballs.  I sometimes find components that appear to be EM components (e.g., distribution on the scalp with pos/neg bilateral loading weights, and similar activation patterns to EOG) but do not have eye dipoles.  These components are included in the regenerated ERP data.

I think this should be doable with dipfit.

Tim