[Eeglablist] The orientation of the data and the scale factor of a BDF file

Ayala Allon ayalaallon at gmail.com
Mon Jul 31 08:42:50 PDT 2017

Hi everyone,

I would greatly appreciate your help on the following issues.

I use BioSemi system and Active View version 7.05 to record the data, and I
need to able to extract the following information from my BDFs files:
1. The orientation of the data (e.g., Multiplexed).
2. The scale factor.

As I understand, this information is stored in the header of the BDF file (
https://www.biosemi.com/faq/file_format.htm). However, I don't know a
function in MATLAB with which I could also read the header of the BDF file.

Currently I use pop_readbdf() to import the BDF file into MATLAB, and I
don't think the EEGLAB data structure (the output) provides the above
information.

Does anyone know a way with which I could extract this information?

Thank you in advance,

Ayala

--
Ayala Allon, PhD Candidate