[Eeglablist] Cluster-based permutation tests for 3 conditions

Stephen Politzer-Ahles politzerahless at gmail.com
Sat Sep 9 05:49:59 PDT 2017

Cluster-based permutation tests are not necessarily between two conditions.
They operate on any test statistic; this test statistic can be an F test
from an ANOVA with three conditions. Just like with a two-condition
permutation test, if the test comes out significant this will tell you that
the three conditions differ in this dataset (whatever selection of
channels, times, and frequency bands you looked at), and the cluster extent
can give you an idea of what channel/time/frequency cluster is driving that
difference. With an F-test, you would need to do follow-up comparisons to
see which particular conditions are driving the difference.

---
Stephen Politzer-Ahles
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
Department of Chinese and Bilingual Studies
http://www.mypolyuweb.hk/~sjpolit/
<http://www.nyu.edu/projects/politzer-ahles/>