[Eeglablist] Curry software for current density localisation

Alejandro Ojeda alejo.ojeda83 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 10:36:53 PDT 2017

Dear Bethel,

I can't comment on the Curry software as I have not used it, however, if
what you need is to compute Loreta in a batch fashion, there are
free-software solutions available. Start by considering that Loreta-like
solutions are not hard to implement from basic principles. If you prefer an
already coded up solution, I recently made available a package that
implements Loreta and integrates well with EEGLAB, I call it the headModel
<https://github.com/aojeda/headModel> toolbox. Hope that helps.

Regards,
Alejandro

On Wed, Sep 13, 2017 at 5:13 PM, Bethel Osuagwu <bethel.osuagwu at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi All,
> So far I have been using EEGLAB to export EEG data for sLORETA
> localisation. EEGLAB helps by enabling batch processing of the exports. A
> down side of the free sLORETA package (http://www.uzh.ch/keyinst/
> loreta.htm) is that it does not allow batch processing. So one have to
> click through the menus every time one needs to perform even repeated exact
> procedures.
>
> I was thinking perhaps I can export the EEG data from EEGLAB to the Curry
> software instead. But before we spend the enormous amount of money I would
> actually like to know if the Curry software can really make life easier
> when performing sLORETA analysis. I know that the Curry software produces
> pretty scientific images with sLORETA but I want to know if it can in
> addition enable batch processing. What I would love is to write and run
> some scripts (similar to how we do in EEGLAB) on Friday and come back on
> Monday with lots of data ready for visualization.
>
> In short my question for anyone with experience is, can the Curry software
> allow batch processing of multiple data sets when performing sLORETA or
> eLORETA localisation?
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> *Bethel A. C. Osuagwu*
> Clinical Research Fellow
>
> *Stoke Mandeville Spinal Research*
> National Spinal Injuries Centre
> Mandeville Road
> Aylesbury
> Bucks
> HP21 8AL
> Tel: 01296 31 5963 (Applied NeuroLab)
> *lifeafterparalysis.com <http://lifeafterparalysis.com/>*
> ​@lifeafterpara​
>
> *justgiving.com/smsr <http://justgiving.com/smsr>*

> ucsd.edu

Alejandro Ojeda
Neural Engineering Lead at NEATLabs <http://neatlabs.ucsd.edu>

Ph.D. student at the Electrical & Computer Engineering
Department, University of California San Diego, USA

Find me on ResearchGate
<https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Alejandro_Ojeda> and GitHub
<https://github.com/aojeda>.