[Eeglablist] Importing Event from Physionet EEG Motor Movement/Imagery Dataset (eegmmidb)

Mohamed Athif athifrm at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 21:18:50 PDT 2017

Dear Community,

I am working on motor imagery classification and wanted to use the database
given in https://physionet.org/pn4/eegmmidb/ for motor imagery. In
importing the EDF files through EEG I was unable to successfully import the
events. I have tried the following

1) Import using the default EDF importing option in EEGlab - While I get
events imported in the correct format, all the events are labeled as '1' as
opposed to '1','2' and '3'

2)  Using readedf in Matlab and obtaining the 65 channel EEG. then
importing the events manually through the 65th channel. - The event markers
do not seem to be correct has more than described number of events

I would appreciate if any of you have used the database and know a
successful way to import the data. Thank you very much for spending your
valuable time

Sincerely
Athif

Mohamed Athif
Research Intern | Medical Mechatronics Laboratory | National University of
Singapore
Undergraduate | Biomedical Engineering
Secretary | IEEE EMBS Student Branch Chapter at UoM
Assistant Promotion and Online Media Coordinator | Gavel Club of UoM
Department of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
University of Moratuwa
Sri Lanka