[Eeglablist] Similar ICA components

Marius Klug marius.s.klug at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 05:34:13 PDT 2017

Hi Mahsa,

this may be due to your re-referencing. If you reference to the average of
all channels, you need to reduce the number of components of your ICA
decomposition by 1, since the rank of the data matrix has been reduced by
1. Depending on the specific algorithm you need to apply a flag which
should be something like 'pcakeep' or the like and then enter '31'. Make
sure to read the help texts of the function in advance! I can highly
recommend AMICA by Jason Palmer. You can install it here:
https://sccn.ucsd.edu/~jason/amica_web.html

Best of luck,
Marius