[Eeglablist] eeglab can't load bdf files

Daniel P. aglasis at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 05:39:14 PDT 2017

Hi all,

I keep getting the following errors when trying to load a biosemi bdf file:

Error using inputname
Calling inputname from the indexing overload subsasgn is not supported.

Error in mmo/subsasgn (line 47)
    if isempty(inputname(1))

Error in pop_biosig>readfile (line 254)
        DAT(:,count:count+length(TMPDAT)-1) = TMPDAT';

Error in pop_biosig (line 154)
[dat DAT interval] = readfile(filename, g.channels, g.blockrange,
g.memorymapped);

I get similar errors (I think, eeglab always ends up complaining about
"subasign") using the GUI and directly calling pop_biosig.

Also, in the GUI, no matter what I enter in the "reference channel" field,
I get an error of the channel not being recognized.

How can I get around this?
Thanks