[Eeglablist] Epoch data after time-frequency transform?

Tarik S Bel-Bahar tarikbelbahar at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 18:44:33 PDT 2017

Hello Eric,

Totally sane idea!

One option within eeglab is to cut into longer epochs, do TF,  and then
ignore the edges/artifacts time-periods of the epochs.

Another option is to review various TF techniques and use ones that create
less or little edge artifacts.

If you haven't had a chance to yet,  check out Mike X Cohen's excellent
books, matlab scripts, and videos about this.

Generally speaking you should be able to do this (e.g., epoch continuous
time data), but you may have to do so outside of eeglab and/or using some
eeglab functions in a code/script.

See also chronux toolbox too if you haven't had a chance to yet.