[Eeglablist] statcond : paired bootstrap option

Archana Singh sine.arc at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 20:45:05 PST 2018

Dear All,

Greetings for the new year.
I have a question regarding statcond() function.
I am looking for a brief description of how the surrogate samples are
drawn, specifically for paired bootstrap option for testing whether X=Y.
There are several possible ways of bootstrapping, e.g.,  1) both samples
(X, Y) can pooled together before resampling, 2) the differences (X-Y) can
be resampled,
or 3) Or the differences between X and Y after subtracting them from their
averages can be resampled.
Perhaps its possible to figure it out by going over the code - but it would
save my time if someone from EEGLAB team can answer.
Any reference to the literature would be also be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Archana