[Eeglablist] Calculating ICA and comparing ICAs at group level

Tarik S Bel-Bahar tarikbelbahar at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 15:24:55 PST 2018

Hi Eric, a few notes below, cheers!

**************************************
One main option in eeglab is the STUDY-level analyses, which of course
allows comparison of similar/clustered ICs across groups and conditions.
EEGgift should be your next best option.
One question is whether you literally want to run a group-level ICA rather
than single-subject ICAs (which I believe EEGgift can, but eeglab can't).
or whether you (more) simply want to do an analysis between two groups
using single-subject ICA information.
It's not clear whether loreta toolbox can currently implement a true
group-level ICA decomposition.
You may also want to look into RELICA from Artoni.
Thanks for following up with the list when/if you get more clarity so that
other users can benefit from your experiences.