[Eeglablist] Time-frequency analysis for single trial continuous EEG data

Marj R marj.zrg at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 09:52:52 PDT 2018

Hi everyone,

I am trying to do some time frequency analysis on my EEG data, the issue is
the majority of the resources I find online are focusing on ERPs or
multiple trial, while I have basically around 7 min of "continuous"
recording for a number of subjects while listening to a music piece, and I
just want to see how does the time-frequency analysis look like for each of
these subjects during that 7 min, and then look at them as a group (I have
data from the rest for baseline correction)..

I found this link (
https://www.researchgate.net/post/EEG_lab_for_continuous_data_analysis_how_to_compute_the_average_amplitude_for_each_frequency_at_each_electrode_site_for_one_piece_of_continuous_data
) which suggests creating an study using the link they provide, however, I
want to do the time-frequency analysis on individuals subjects first and
then move to clustering them in anyway I want. So I wanted to get your
opinion on whether this is the right direction to go before digging into
understanding the steps.

I also found this link from Fieldtrip:
http://www.fieldtriptoolbox.org/faq/how_can_i_do_time-frequency_analysis_on_continuous_data
, which requires me to move to Fieldtrip, while I have been playing with
EEGLAB since few months ago that I've started and "prefer" to stay with it,
but if there is no otherway to get what I want from EEGLAB I have to use
both of them I guess.

Would you please kindly provide me some guidance or directing me to some
"specific" resources (I already did google the issue, and was unable to
find an answer that helps me) on how to deal with the the power spectra and
time-frequency analysis of single trial long continuous EEG data?

Best,

Marjan