[Eeglablist] is it possible to undo epoching?

Tarik S Bel-Bahar tarikbelbahar at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 09:17:20 PDT 2018

Hi Luuk, some quick thoughts below, best wishes.

See the eeglab function list for a funciton like epoch2continuous or vice
versa (the name of the function might be slightly different than what I
remember). ERPLAB also has a similar function I believe.

What you are trying to do should work as long as you don't have missing
data between your 3.5 sec epochs. But do note that some time samples may be
dropped when you do 3.5s epoching.

With simple matlab coding one can also "join up the existing epochs" into a
continuous signal.

For sanity's sake, I would recommend having two kinds of epoched data sets
computed earlier in your pipeline.

If you haven't had a chance to, try googling eeglablist + your topic.

Thanks for letting the list know if you come up with a satisfactory
solution, so that other users can benefit from your experiences.