[Eeglablist] ICA filtering and IC semi automatic classification

Tarik S Bel-Bahar tarikbelbahar at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 18:23:01 PDT 2018

Hi Alexandre, not sure if this has been explored or tested in a systematic
manner, you might have an opportunity for a methods article that would
benefit the ICA and EEg communities. Ideally one would show comparisons of
results across various combinations of the methods you referred to.

It is not clear if you considered the following (though it's validity needs
to be checked). The fundamental question is after dropping ICs is your data
cleaner as expected or not?
1. Run ICA on 1hz data
2. determine ICs to drop
3. apply ICA to 0.1 hz data
4. remove ICs that were determined in step 2

You may also benefit from directly contacting the lead authors for SASICA
and ADJUST for their opinion.

When you do achieve a sane solution, thanks for sharing it with the list so
that other users can benefit from your experiences.