[Eeglablist] ICA filtering and IC semi automatic classification

Maximilien Chaumon maximilien.chaumon at upmc.fr
Fri Apr 13 01:08:22 PDT 2018

Hi Alex,

None of the procedures you suggest seems really wrong to me. I would
probably run the ICA on 1Hz data to get a neat decomposition (in my own
experience too, the decomposition works best on 1Hz high pass filtered
data), apply the resulting IC weights on the 0.1Hz data (useful if you're
studying slow potentials), then pass this through SASICA to decide which
components to reject. I've never tried it myself, so I'll be interested if
anyone has comments about that.

As a side note, I do not recommend to blindly reject everything that SASICA
will suggest if you activate all measures. I recommend parsimonious
rejection according to the needs of your experiment (see the paper attached
to the plugin for full explanation).

Best,
Max