[Eeglablist] ERSP - Remove Baseline

Konstantina Tsekoura tsekou at ceid.upatras.gr
Sun Apr 29 02:13:58 PDT 2018

Hello,

I have some doubts concerning the Removal of Baseline.

I carried out an experiment with color stimuli. The duration for each
color is 3 seconds ,beggining from -200ms to 2.800 ms because subjects
manually set the markers when they see color. The reaction time is about
200ms so the color exposure actually begins at -200ms.

I extract epochs from -1 to 2 without removing baseline and then i
compute ERSP using pop_newtimef , defining the sub-epoch from -200ms to
2000ms and the baseline set to 0.

I am confused about baseline removal. Do i have to remove baseline and
if yes, then in ERSP the baseline must be 0 or the range that i remove?
or is this that i did the right way to compute ERSP?

~Thanks in advance,
Konstantina Tsekoura