[Eeglablist] Problem with creating study from EGI datasets

Sebastian Sauppe sauppe.s at gmail.com
Sat May 12 13:18:11 PDT 2018

Dear EEGLAB listers,

I encounter a problem when trying to create a study. I have datasets recorded with a 128 channel HydroCel Geodesic Sensor Net from EGI. I pre-processed each file individually in EEGLAB and saved .set files that contain the epochs I want to include in the analysis. When I then click on File > Create study > Browse for datasets and add the datasets, then I get an error message that I can’t really make sense of:

"Cell array input must be a cell array of character vectors., (Error occurred in function unique() at line 85)“

Participant information is a number (i.e. 1, 2, 3 etc.) and the condition is coded as a number, too. Its a between-subjects design, so each dataset receives either „1“ or „2“ as condition in the study creation window in the GUI.

Does anyone know what the problem might be? I’d be grateful for any hints!

Regards,
Sebastian

Dr. Sebastian Sauppe
Department of Comparative Linguistics, University of Zurich
Homepage: https://sites.google.com/site/sauppes/ <https://sites.google.com/site/sauppes/>
Twitter: @SebastianSauppe <https://twitter.com/SebastianSauppe>
Google Scholar Citations: https://scholar.google.de/citations?user=wEtciKQAAAAJ <https://scholar.google.de/citations?user=wEtciKQAAAAJ>
ResearchGate: http://www.researchgate.net/profile/Sebastian_Sauppe <http://www.researchgate.net/profile/Sebastian_Sauppe>