[Eeglablist] Topoplot: can it just plot the electrode values and not interpolate them?

Scott Makeig smakeig at ucsd.edu
Tue May 15 17:12:26 PDT 2018

Jonathan -  No, we never thought of plotting channel values as colored
discs. It should not be too hard to go into the topoplot code and look for
plotting commands... etc. But a programming chore, for sure ...

Scott

On Fri, Jul 7, 2017 at 12:08 PM, Jonathan Kane <jakane007 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>    I am worried about interpolation artifacts in topoplot.  I therefore
> want to plot the value at each electrode location as a colored and filled
> circle (where the color corresponds to the value at the electrode), and not
> interpolate between them.  I can't seem to find an option in topoplot to do
> that.  It CAN plot the locations of the electrodes using the 'style' -
> 'blank' combination along with the 'emarker' option, but it can't plot
> different electrode values as corresponding colors.
>
> I tried a second approach:  Since what I essentially want to do is plot
> the electrode values as a scatter plot, I tried to overlay a scatter.m plot
> on top of the head outline given by topoplot.  I used the X, Y information
> in EEG.chanlocs as the coordinates, but it seems that both of the X and Y
> limits on the topoplot have been set to [-0.5250 0.5250] (i.e., it doesn't
> seem to use the actual X, Y locations of the electrodes, but transforms
> them onto a different grid).  Any idea how that is done so that I can do
> the coordinate transformation myself and then use scatter.m?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Jonathan

> ucsd.edu

Scott Makeig, Research Scientist and Director, Swartz Center for
Computational Neuroscience, Institute for Neural Computation, University of
California San Diego, La Jolla CA 92093-0961, http://sccn.ucsd.edu/~scott