[Eeglablist] ANOVA and Bonferroni_eeglab vs. SPSS

Wind, Johanna jwind01 at uni-mainz.de
Thu Jul 5 00:55:38 PDT 2018

Hello everybody,

I've got a question in relation to the eeglab output. Does eeglab use the same computation of ANOVA and Bonferroni-correction like SPSS does? When I transfer the specdata from eeglab to SPSS and compute an ANOVA with post hoc tests in order to get pairwise comparisons between my conditions, there were given significant differences. But in the pairwise comparison of the conditions in eeglab are not all electrodes significant like shown in SPSS.

For clearer understanding here a short overview of my study design:
There were 4 conditions and 2 testing times (pretest and posttest) with 19 electrodes. I computed a pairwise comparison between the conditions and the testing times. There were significant differences between the conditions in SPSS, but not so in eeglab.

It would be awesome, if you can reply my questions.

Best regards,

Johanna Wind
wissenschaftliche Mitarbeiterin
Johannes Gutenberg-Universität Mainz
Institut für Sportwissenschaft
Abt. Trainings- und Bewegungswissenschaften
Raum: 00-113
Tel.: 06131-24560
Albert Schweitzer-Straße 22
E-Mail: jwind01 at uni-mainz.de<mailto:jwind01 at uni-mainz.de>