[Eeglablist] extremely slow ICA

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Fri Jul 6 12:28:08 PDT 2018

Dear Brittany,

The trimOutlier() plugin can let you 'trim' the outliers i.e., cut out the
window for rejection. Some people say this is simple and good way to go to
'clean' your data. However, if you have so many single-channel artifacts,
because this method will reject a chunk across all the channels, you may
end up with too much data rejection. If this is an issue, use
clean_rawdata() plugin. This plugin as artifact subspace rejection (ASR)
algorithm. For more info, see the link below.
https://sccn.ucsd.edu/wiki/Makoto's_preprocessing_pipeline#Alternatively.2C_cleaning_continuous_data_using_ASR_.2803.2F16.2F2018_updated.29

I like ASR because it is less wasteful. For trying it out, start with SD ==
20 for ASR parameter ('Repair burst' part).

Makoto