[Eeglablist] Lower Number of ICs than others

Hamed Taheri hamedtaheri at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 8 09:27:13 PDT 2018

Hello all,
I have EEG data from 20 subjects which were recorded using 64 channels EEG cap. I've used Mokoto's preprocessing pipeline. When I make a STUDY and remove the dipoles with < 15% residual variance and the dipoles outside the brain, the number of remained ICs compared to other studies are very lower.
For instance, a Paper with 21 Subjects and the same recording system (64 Channels) reached 897 ICs while my ICs are just 305.
Based on your experience do you think what is my mistake?
Do you think it can be related to the quality of my recording system because our cap is a bit old or I have a problem with my processing?I would be so grateful if you could help me with this issue.
Best Regards,Hamed