[Eeglablist] eegplot() GUI scale

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Fri Jul 13 11:55:56 PDT 2018

Dear Bethel,

Sorry for the trouble.

> When I open the recording the eegplot just snap to certain
scale which do not necessary allow me to correctly visualise the data
amplitude. Using the  +- buttons to change the scale does not have any
effect.

My initial guess is that the data have huge DC drift.
Try this: in eegplot() GUI, in the top tab, [Display] -> [Remove DC offset].

> This could be because the amplitude in some channels are very high
compared with others.

Even if amplitude is high, as long as they are AC they should frequently
cross the zero line, hence I guessed DC offset is present. If you recorded
the data without using high-pass filter... DC drift could be up to 10,000
uV. High-pass filter removes it as well. Try these solutions and let me
know if it works.

Makoto