[Eeglablist] Changing event markers in dataset

E. Sijyeniyo e.sijyeniyo at student.rug.nl
Fri Jul 13 09:50:06 PDT 2018

Dear EEGlab users,

I have a question regarding changing event markers in my dataset.

Initially, I recorded my data with the following markers:

Active condition:
Prime sentence: 40, 9, 13, 17, 21, 25, 29
Target sentence: 45, 9, 13, 17, 21, 25, 29

Passive condition
Prime sentence: 40, 8, 12, 16, 20, 24, 30
Target sentence: 45, 8, 12, 16, 20, 24, 30

However, only the first trigger distinguishes both sentences, so only 40 and 45. I am wondering whether I can change the other triggers so that they are distinguishable too. In this way, I can compare, for example, the target words in one particular condition with each other because they would have different event markers. For instance, in the active condition, the target word is marked with 17 in the prime sentence as well as in the target sentence, I am not sure if Matlab would be able to distinguish them (I assume not).

So I would want to change them into something like:

Active condition:
Prime sentence: 40, 9, 13, 17, 21, 25, 29
Target sentence: 45, 23, 33, 43, 53, 63, 73

Passive condition:
Prime sentence: 55, 8, 12, 16, 20, 24, 30
Target sentence: 60, 26, 36, 46, 56, 66, 76

Does anyone know how I can change event markers in my dataset?

Thank you so much for anyone who responds!

Best
Edwige
P.s As I am a master student, this is my first ever EEG study and during the design of my experiment these differences between triggers coding did not occur to me...