[Eeglablist] Changing event markers in dataset

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Mon Jul 16 11:13:39 PDT 2018

Dear Edwige,

> I am wondering whether I can change the other triggers so that they are
distinguishable too. In this way, I can compare, for example, the target
words in one particular condition with each other because they would have
different event markers. For instance, in the active condition, the target
word is marked with 17 in the prime sentence as well as in the target
sentence, I am not sure if Matlab would be able to distinguish them (I
assume not).

I did not understand your question here. However,

> Does anyone know how I can change event markers in my dataset?

You can swap existing event marker types with other ones, if that solves
your problem. See this page. Note that this coding is done outside EEGLAB
so be careful.
https://sccn.ucsd.edu/wiki/Makoto%27s_useful_EEGLAB_code#Event_types

If you want to do it more intuitively, you may want to consider exporting
the existing event structure to Microsoft Excel (or equivalent) and modify
it visually and manually. Then re-import the event file.

Makoto