[Eeglablist] ERSP

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Tue Jul 17 14:20:45 PDT 2018

Dear Konstantina,

I understand! This is the most frequently repeated question.

> For me it seems logical to use the range that i computed ERP...

Ok let me tell you the logic here.
To compute ERSP, a sliding window is used. If the sliding window length is
301 points, you'll lose the first 150 and the last 150 datapoints from your
epoch, because one 301-point-long window does not generate 301 data points
as results, but it generates only 1 data point to return. See slide 21 of
this pdf file.
https://sccn.ucsd.edu/mediawiki/images/a/a6/C2_A3_Time-frequencyDecAndAdvancedICAPracticum_updateJan2017.pdf

So, if you want ERPS to have the same length as your ERP, you have to add
half window length to both of your epoch ends to extend your epoch (which
will make your ERP longer as a result; so you have to 'shroten' ERP to the
length of ERSP to match their lengths.)

Makoto