[Eeglablist] Why average reference for ICA?

Andreas Pedroni andreas.pedroni at uzh.ch
Thu Aug 2 00:26:35 PDT 2018

Dear Makoto

Thank you very much for your reply. That makes all sense. However, I don’t understand why performing average referencing after ICA is not recommended? Do you mean by this that you should not re-reference data after preprocessing with ICA at all? Or do I misunderstand this point? Thank you!

All the best
Andreas