[Eeglablist] Automatic channel rejection - Probability, Kurtosis or Spectrum - Which one best for continuous data?

John, Alexander alexjohn at uni-mainz.de
Thu Aug 9 07:05:23 PDT 2018

Hello everone,

I'd like to check the quality of channels by using the function "automatic channel rejection". I've got continuous data and after data processing I'd like to analyze the power spectrum of the data. Unfortunately I couldn't find information about which measure of the above mentioned function (pop_rejchan) is the most recommended in my case. I  tried different measures on several data sets with varying channel rejection detection. Which measure would you recommend in my case? In case of a for rejection detected channel, this channel will be interpolated. I want to use the spherical option for interpolation or would you recommend the planar option?

Thank you very much in advance.

Looking forward for a response.

Alexander John