[Eeglablist] Gradient artifact removal (EEG/fMRI)

Oliver Xie huaxie at stanford.edu
Thu Aug 9 10:42:43 PDT 2018

Dear EEGlab experts,
Hello! I am working on a a simultaneous fMRI/EEG dataset and have a question regarding gradient artifact removal. I have observed gradient artifact residuals in the ICA spectra after using OBS from fmrib plug-in to remove gradient artifact. I found that even though the EEG and fMRI scanner is synchronized, but the slice-to-slice interval (68.2ms) is not an integer multiple of EEG sampling rate (1kHz or 1ms), which is known to cause the gradient artifact residuals in the preprocessed data. I am wondering if there is some way to better remove gradient artifact residuals in this case.
Thank you for your time.
Oliver Xie