[Eeglablist] surrogate statistics in SIFT

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Tue Aug 21 12:25:57 PDT 2018

Dear Tyler,

> it tells me that it can't be performed on more than two datasets. I then
had a quick look at the SIFT manual, and it does appear as though only two
datasets are examined, one for each condition. I'm wondering how multiple
subjects is handled in this instance, is it designed for only one subject?
or am I meant to merge the datasets from the multiple subjects?

I think there is some kind of gorup-level solution for SIFT by the original
developer Tim Mullen and his colleague Nima Bigdely-Shamlo, both my former
colleagues in SCCN. If you use Nima's Measure Projection Toolbox, I think
you can find 'connectivity measures' or something like that in the GUI
menu. I have never tried it myself though. It probably projects only total
information outflow and inflow (i.e., sum of columns and rows of the
connnectivity matrix; in this way, you can handle the data as if it were
ERSP.)

I have developed groupSIFT solution, which can fully resolve ROI x ROI x
time x freq (x subjects) which is still version alpha (i.e., limited to my
collaborators only). The groupSIFT is based on Nima's Network Projection,
which is a connectivity version of the Measure Projection.
https://sccn.ucsd.edu/wiki/GroupSIFT
If you are interested in trying it out, write me separately.

Makoto