[Eeglablist] How to create a buffer in MATLAB for real time EEG data acquisition?

Norman Sinnigen norman.sinnigen at student.uni-tuebingen.de
Wed Sep 12 04:35:32 PDT 2018

Is there a function or software package, suitable for Matlab, (except Fieldtrip) enabling to create a buffer for real-time EEG data and perform calculations?
The processing pipeline is the following: EEG data is recorded using BrainVision Recorder and sent via TCP/IP (RDA client) to Matlab. The incoming EEG data’s point size is 63x10. Performing calculation on the incoming EEG data takes time, which is why I am looking for a way of creating a buffer enabling to perform calculation on a specific window of incoming EEG data packages, while further incoming EEG data packages are stored in a buffer, waiting to be further used for calculation.

Fieldtrip offers this service, but converting data from EEG to Fieldtrip and back requires too much time. I found MatRiver, but couldn’t find a way to download it, since download is not offered and the given email doesn’t work.