[Eeglablist] Query

hummad_qazi hummad_qazi at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 4 07:40:40 PDT 2018

Hello,

 I came across ICA. When we RUN ICA we get 3 matrices,ICA weight, ICA winv and  ICA Sphere. Let us say in my case 30x30.

1) My question is that in weight matrix (after running ICA) what are the rows and what are the column values. I mean in terms of Electrodes? Can we use Rows as Electrodes? colummn as components.

2) I went on your website and I read  ''S=WX'', and X is the EEG data etc. in terms of S,W,X what is the relation of those three matrices we obtain after RUN ICA. Can we say W= weight matrix? S=ICAsphere,  ICAwinv=W inverse.so out of these matrices is anyone is X? or we will have to compute.I am basically confused in THE weight matrix after RUN ICA we obtain and have no labels on rows and columns. So i want to ask what are these values (rows) from left to right electrodes or components? or column value are electrodes? or both not?

Thank you for your time.
Regards,Hamad Javaid.