[Eeglablist] how to extract event info after epocheing?

Tarik S Bel-Bahar tarikbelbahar at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 13:19:50 PST 2018

Hello Ad Da,

One needs to have the "right answers" marked for each epoch beforehand,
and/or to enter that information into the .set files' event information.
Ideally,  correct epochs have one name, and your incorrect epochs have a
different name.
Then one can just use the eeglab gui to  make/select the epochs where the
answer was correct. Some extra notes below.

If you haven't had a chance to, it is helpful  to  review the event info
via the EEGLAB gui (Edit/Review Event info) or look at the same information
in the "events" field of the EEG matlab structure.

In general, selection and rejection of epochs is easy, just plot your data
after you have epoched it, and detect epochs to remove using eeglab epoch
rejection functions (via the GUI), or visually/manually as you plot the EEG
data.

If you have not had a chance to, it is very beneficial to work with the
eeglab tutorial data and the tutorial steps.

If you achieve a satisfactory result, thank you for sharing it with the
eeglablist so that other users can learn from your experience.