[Eeglablist] Using the basic FIR filter to extract the EEG bands

Anastasios Giannopoulos angianno_8 at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 17 08:04:39 PST 2018

Hello,

I am using the basic FIR filtering function (from EEGLAB’s GUI) to extract the time-domain waveforms in each individual band (delta,theta,alpha,beta,gamma). Firstly, I band-pass filtered my non-epoched EEG data from 0.5 to 80Hz and then I filtered this data version 5 several times (0.5-4 , 4-8, 8-13, 13-30 , 30-80). I expected that the sum of these 5 time-domain versions would be equal to the initial waveform (0.5-80Hz), but this was not noticed. Do you have any reasons that this happened?

Thank you in advance.