[Eeglablist] Question - EEGLAB calculating GFP vs FFT

Alex Scodellaro ajscod at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 16:38:17 PST 2019

Dear all,

I am a junior neuromarketing researcher and am new to the EEGLAB program. I
have 14 EEG recordings of 2-minute participant exposure to advertisement. I
have segmented each data-set into 'epochs of interest'.

I wish to ask how I can determine the total *average* GFP theta z-score and
GFP alpha z-scores similar to the paper below. And further, can EEGLAB
produce graphs as shown in the paper?

Also, how different are GFP and FFT analyses? From what I can understand,
they yield similar results.

*Gordon, Ross et. al (2017). Using EEG to Examine the Role of Attention,
Working Memory, Emotion, and Imagination in Narrative Transportation. *

I would really appreciate any and all help!

Thank you in advance.
Alex

*Alexander Scodellaro*
ajscod at gmail.com / 0422211619

This email (and any attachments) is confidential and may be subject to
legal or other professional privileges. It is intended solely for the
receipt of the named addressee(s). It is subject to copyright and may only
be copied or distributed with the consent of the copyright owner. If you
are not a named addressee, you must not use, disclose, retain or reproduce
all or any part of the information contained in this email or any
attachments. Please notify the sender immediately by return email and
destroy all copies of the email. Any confidentiality, privilege or
copyright is not waived or lost because this email has been sent to you by
mistake.