[Eeglablist] Problem with eegfiltnew

Andreas Widmann widmann at uni-leipzig.de
Mon Feb 11 08:38:07 PST 2019

> I am having an issue with the eegfiltnew function, which consistently returns an error. I thought I had resolved the error by reinstalling EEGLAB, however, it appears this was only a temporary fix, as one week later using the same version of EEGLAB and MATLAB, the error has returned.
Please check your path for duplicate versions of EEGLAB.

>  We implement a high and low pass filter using the following code, which uses parameters from Makoto's batch code:
>
> filtorder = 1650;
> hp_filter = 1.0;
> lp_filter = 45.0;
>
> EEG = pop_eegfiltnew (EEG, hp_filter, [], filtorder, 0, [], 0);
> EEG = pop_eegfiltnew (EEG, [], lp_filter, filtorder, 0, [], 0);
>
> It works fine for the other members of my team but in my EEGLAB, I get the following error:
>
>                Operands to the || and && operators must be convertible to logical scalar values.
>
>                Error in pop_eegfiltnew (line 275)
>                If g.minphase || g.usefftfilt
I cannot replicate the problem here but my pop_eegfiltnew line 275 is apparently different from what your error message suggests. Please update to latest eeglab version from Github first.

Verify by "which pop_eegfiltnew" whether the expected version from correct path is called.

The error is most likely due to either g.minphase or g.usefftfilt being empty. So, you might try explicitly specifying both arguments instead of using defaults:

EEG = pop_eegfiltnew (EEG, hp_filter, [], filtorder, 0, 0, 0, 0);

Best,
Andreas