[Eeglablist] ICA component variance explained

Ryan Hampton rshampt1 at asu.edu
Tue Mar 5 14:11:42 PST 2019

Hi all,

I'm working on some ICA fitting for ERPs and I've noticed in certain
outputs from the GUI when examining the properties of the ICA components
there are indications of how much variance of the total signal is accounted
for by each of the components, however, I've not been able to locate where
in the data that value is stored or how it is otherwise calculated from the
data that is there. Does anyone know how these values are calculated? Does
it use the mean power of the back-projection?  Any guidance is much
appreciated, thanks!

Ryan Hampton, M.A.
Ph.D. Candidate in Social Psychology
Arizona State University