[Eeglablist] Neighborhood Distance for Mass Univariate

Eric Fields eric.fields at bc.edu
Thu Apr 25 09:21:30 PDT 2019

Hi Amie,

I don't think there is a "correct" answer to this. The permutation approach
will ensure that the Type I error rate is controlled at alpha for any
neighborhood distance you use, so the just want to choose a value that
maximizes power and/or gives cluster that are make sense. But which value
maximizes power may depend on the characteristics of the effects you are
analyzing. I would just choose a value that makes intuitive sense in terms
of which electrodes it makes neighbors.

Eric

-----
Eric Fields, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Fellow
Cognitive and Affective Neuroscience Laboratory
<https://www2.bc.edu/elizabeth-kensinger/>, Boston College
Aging, Culture, and Cognition Laboratory <http://www.brandeis.edu/gutchess/>,
Brandeis University
eric.fields at bc.edu