[Eeglablist] clust2ch precompute error: Dot indexing is not supported for variables of this type

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Thu Jun 6 08:50:44 PDT 2019

Dear Shaoyun,

Sorry for the trouble.
std_clust2ch is not compatible with EEGLAB 2019. This is because internal
structure of STUDY was changed, so none of my plugins except std_envtopo()
currently works. Please use EEGLAB 14 instead.

Good to hear from someone from Nagoya University on the list. When last
time someone posted a question from Nagoya University, it was probably 12
years ago and posted by me.

Makoto

On Thu, Jun 6, 2019 at 7:54 AM Shaoyun Yu <s.yu at nagoya-u.jp> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have created a STUDY and clustered the ICs of my data following the
> instructions at https://sccn.ucsd.edu/wiki/Std_selectICsByCluster.
> I went into the error (see below) when I tried to do group-level IC
> rejection using the latest |std_clust2ch| plugin.
>
> Could you tell me what was wrong?
> I am running EEGLAB version 2019 on Matlab 2018b on Ubuntu.
>
> Error message:
>
> |Dot indexing is not supported for variables of this type. Error in
> std_precompute_clust2ch>startPushbutton_Callback (line 336) designLabel
> = {STUDY.design(STUDY.currentdesign).variable.label}; Error in
> gui_mainfcn (line 95) feval(varargin{:}); Error in
> std_precompute_clust2ch (line 78) gui_mainfcn(gui_State, varargin{:});
> Error in
> matlab.graphics.internal.figfile.FigFile/read>@(hObject,eventdata)std_precompute_clust2ch('startPushbutton_Callback',hObject,eventdata,guidata(hObject))
>
> Error while evaluating UIControl Callback. |
>
> Best regards,
>
> Shaoyun Yu
> Doctoral student, Graduate School of Humanities
> Nagoya University
> s.yu at nagoya-u.jp <mailto:s.yu at nagoya-u.jp> | s.yu at pm.me <mailto:s.yu at pm.me

Assistant Project Scientist, Swartz Center for Computational Neuroscience