[Eeglablist] inter-areal PAC

Grove, Tyler tylerg at med.umich.edu
Tue Jul 2 12:25:03 PDT 2019

Hey everyone,

I’m wondering if you have any suggestions for calculating inter-areal PAC in epoched EEG data. Specifically, I’m looking to calculate theta phase at Fz coupling with gamma power at P7 or P8. I’d like to look at theta and gamma bands rather than specific frequencies. When I look at functions like pac in EEGLab, it’s not clear to me how to specify the channels of interest. I’ve looked at the PACT and WinPACT plug-ins, but also run into difficulties selecting my channels of interest. The ERPAC plug-in seems perfect, but I’m having trouble with the time range. For example, I can calculate Modulation Index for 4-8 Hz phase at Fz and 30-50 Hz power at P7, but when I look at the EEG.etc.eegpac structure created by ERPAC, my total time range is 419 to 545 milliseconds post-stimulus (not sure why it’s this range), yet my dataset is actually -1.5 to 2.3 seconds. I’m wondering if I can calculate PAC measures with a wider range of time values (e.g., 0 to 750 ms post-stimulus) using ERPAC (or another function/plug-in)? If anyone has any suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much!

-Tyler

--
Tyler Grove, Ph.D.
Psychology Postdoctoral Fellow