[Eeglablist] Question on study statistics

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Thu Aug 1 18:59:22 PDT 2019

Dear Malte,

If you are using version 14 or older... Assuming your design is 2x4 mixed
design, the group must be one of the main effects. You did not mention if
you used parametric (it must be two-sample t-test in this case) or
non-parametric methods (permutation or bootstrap) supported by EEGLAB, but
the main effect must have been calculated by that.

If you are talking about the new EEGLAB's LIMO results, I have no answer,
sorry.

Makoto

On Wed, Jul 24, 2019 at 8:22 AM Malte Anders <malteanders at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a study with 2 groups (healthy/ill) and 4 conditions (different
> stimulus strenghts).
>
> When plotting with the standard STUDY.design 1 (first row: Group
> 1/condition 1-4, second row: Group 2/condition 1-4) with STATS, I will get
> 3 graphs for statistics:
> condition (p<0.05) param
> group (p<0.05) param
> Interaction (p<0.05) param
>
> How are those calculated, especially "group (p<0.05) param"? The EEGLAB
> Tutorial seems to skip that point for some reason.
>
> Thanks!
> Malte

Assistant Project Scientist, Swartz Center for Computational Neuroscience