[Eeglablist] Fwd: reg_notch filter

Saraswati Yadav saraswati.y at cbcs.ac.in
Wed Sep 18 01:42:57 PDT 2019

Kindly find the file attached.

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Saraswati Yadav <saraswati.y at cbcs.ac.in>
Date: Wed, Sep 18, 2019 at 11:43 AM
Subject: reg_notch filter
To: <eeglablist at sccn.ucsd.edu>

Dear All,
In our study of resting continuous EEG , we have applied a high pass of 1Hz
and low pass of 100Hz with a notch at 50 using EEGLAB version 2019. After
creating study we had done the analysis using parametric test as there was
two groups. What is that is bothering us is presence of downward peak at 50
Hz in the PSD graphs.
Please find a picture of one electrode.
My query is whether it's normal to have such deflection once notch is
applied or are we going wrong with the process. Please Note: We have
followed Makoto's preprocessing pipeline with slight modification of
epoching after running ICA.

Thanks & Regards

--
Dr.Saraswati Yadav