[Eeglablist] Issue with CleanLine

Aleksandra Landowska landoska at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 03:05:36 PDT 2019

Dear Colleagues,

I am new to the EEGLAB, so I have a simple question. I am
following Makoto's preprocessing pipeline, however I have some issues with
using CleanLine. In some cases, it does not remove the line noise. As
suggested, I tried to use CleanLine with different parameters after
performing interpolation and average referencing, and while it fixes the
problem in only some of my datasets, it does not appear to work for all the
subjects. The bandpass filtering does not remove the noise either. The only
thing that appears to work is IIR filter at 45 Hz. What could be the cause
of this? Should the IIR filter be used before or after average referencing?

Kind Regards
Alex