[Eeglablist] Is it appropriate to use Time Point and Channel as random variables?

Chao Han hanchao at udel.edu
Mon Sep 23 17:32:32 PDT 2019

Dear all,

This is not about EEGLab, but I would really appreciate your input.
I'm doing an ERP analysis on a mismatch negativity study. The conventional
approach is to run analysis on the averaged deviants minus standards wave,
across time points and channels in some specific time window and spatial
region. But is it appropriate to, instead of averaging across time points
and channels, use Time Point and Channel as random variables in a
mixed-effects model for analyzing MMN? Thank you!

Best regards,
Chao