[Eeglablist] Help with EEG channel location import, channel numbers incorrect

Maria Fini mfini at asu.edu
Fri Sep 27 11:47:31 PDT 2019

Hi Clement, thank you for getting back to me so quickly!

I don't think problem 2 can be avoided. For problem 1 though, is your
EEG.data being shuffled, or are your EEG.chanlocs.labels?
As far as I can tell, it is the EEG.chanlocs.labels that are being
shuffled, the data still stays in the same order (see 3.png in my first
email), but the channels now have new labels.

Does the captrack .sfp contain the same channel labels as your
EEG.chanlocs.labels before importing channel locations?
I'm assuming you mean the 1020 labels? Ie 'AFz', 'Cz', etc. Yes, with the
exception of the electrode I removed, the labels should be the same in the
.sfp and EEG.chanlocs.labels

If you know these things and your data is consistently collected in the
same way, you can add any corrections in a preprocessing script.
This is great news! Any tips or tricks to point me in the right direction?