[Eeglablist] Cz reference in EGI files while import

Satya G PSYCHOLOGY satya.g at christuniversity.in
Mon Oct 14 02:28:24 PDT 2019

Dear list members,

In our lab we have a 64 channel EGI cap that we use to record EEG data.
When I import the .mff data using the the latest
mffimporter plugin, mffmatlabio v2.02, I get the data that is referenced to
Cz automatically. Is there any way I can remove the reference because the
Cz is flat completely? I want to see all the bad channels and remove them
before computing average reference because bad channels in the data can
contaminate the referencing part.

I do see that the eeglab's sample data gets imported with an unknown
reference. Is this a problem with EGI files? Can I have that unknown
reference back for the EGI files that I work with?

Satya G
Lab Associate,
NeuroCognition Lab,
Christ (Deemed to be University),