[Eeglablist] Cz reference in EGI files while import

Juliane BRITZ juliane.britz at unifr.ch
Thu Oct 17 23:42:18 PDT 2019

Yes, Cz is the physical recording reference in the EGI system, and this
why it comes in flat. If you want to use Cz as a channel, you have to
re-reference the data.

Juliane

On 14.10.2019 19:00, Joseph Dien wrote:
> not sure if I understand your question, but if Cz is indeed the reference channel it should indeed be flat (be definition) and you’ll need it to be there when you rereference to average reference otherwise you won’t have Cz and the computations for the rest of the channels will be incorrect.  Is there some reason that having Cz be present is preventing you from proceeding with your bad channel corrections?
>
> Joe
>
>> On Oct 14, 2019, at 05:28, Satya G PSYCHOLOGY <satya.g at christuniversity.in> wrote:
>>
>> Dear list members,
>>
>> In our lab we have a 64 channel EGI cap that we use to record EEG data.
>> When I import the .mff data using the the latest
>> mffimporter plugin, mffmatlabio v2.02, I get the data that is referenced to
>> Cz automatically. Is there any way I can remove the reference because the
>> Cz is flat completely? I want to see all the bad channels and remove them
>> before computing average reference because bad channels in the data can
>> contaminate the referencing part.
>>
>> I do see that the eeglab's sample data gets imported with an unknown
>> reference. Is this a problem with EGI files? Can I have that unknown
>> reference back for the EGI files that I work with?
>>

>> Satya G
>> Lab Associate,
>> NeuroCognition Lab,
>> Christ (Deemed to be University),
>> Bengaluru, India
>
> Joseph Dien, PhD
> Senior Research Scientist
> Department of Human Development and Quantitative Methodology
> University of Maryland, College Park
> E-mail: jdien07 at mac.com
> Cell Phone: 202-297-8117
> http://joedien.com

_________________________

Dr. Juliane Britz
Lecturer
Department of Psychology
Rue P.-A. Faucigny 2
office RM C-4.110
CH-1700 Fribourg
Switzerland

++41 26 300 7688
juliane.britz at unifr.ch
http://www.unifr.ch/psycho/staff/britz-juliane

Faculty of Science and Medicine
Medicine Section
Department of Neuroscience and Movement Science
Neurology Unit
University of Fribourg
Ch. du Musée 5
CH-1700 Fribourg/Freiburg